Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Study

Tonight I began my last course in our Christian Formation program, it is Pastoral Ministry. We discussed how Jesus always served and that is also our call. We are all called to be like Jesus to others, as prophet, priest, and king.
Earlier today I was leading our Great Adventure bible study group and we were discussing the Gospel of Luke. One of the ladies said that in reading Luke she was struck by how "Jesus was a Man on a mission." I liked that comment. She went to say how single-minded He was, always focused on doing God's will. Serving those around Him was part of His nature. Of course, our challenge is to do the same and it isn't always easy.
It was interesting how both discussions today focused on service. In my role at church, I am always asked to serve. The challenge is to do it with a heart like Jesus.

No comments: