Sunday, June 22, 2008

Website

I am responsible for our new parish website. I am working with two other people plus the website designer. It's almost done. We are planning on going 'live' this week and announcing it all the Masses next weekend. We have a great bookmark with all the parish ministries listed on it and of course the website address to give out. It is the feast of St. Peter and Paul so that fits in quite perfectly, since our parish is St. Peter. I will be saying extra "St. Peter pray for us" this week.

Tuesday I spent 2 1/2 hours on the phone making corrections and changes with the website designer. Friday I spent another 2 hours on the phone and really thought it was pretty tight and almost ready. My husband though, glanced at a few pages I had printed out and asked if I had corrected the typos. "What typos," I somewhat annoyed responded. "Well, the zip code is wrong, office hours are wrong, and and and." "Okay, please go through the site and make corrections on paper so I can have them fixed." About 2 hours later he had found close to fifty mistakes. I really do love him. I guess this means another hour or so on the phone.

St. Peter, pray for us.

1 comment:

Ebeth said...

Hey Deanna,

Good going on the website, I have never had the brains to do something like this, but parishes definitely need this service to teach, inform, and just be a connection to their families.

Hugs!
Ebeth