Thursday, August 28, 2008

Mind Wanderings

Well, it is almost September. I am ready to start fresh on few things. For one, my husband and I have stared our yeast free food plan, which can be tedious, but very worth it. I start back to classes next Thursday, having finally finished my work for the last class. I would like to start on a quilt and definitely sew some skirts with the fabric I bought on various trips to the fabric store. I also have yarn to crochet a baby blanket. That might go into the Cornucopia Ball baby basket for the parish. Best of all is my spiritual support group is starting up again. Yea! to being with my dear friends.
On the family front, my daughter has decided to major in English and is planning on studying in Australia in the winter of '09. My son had to have 5 stitches in his left thumb after he cut himself instead of the fish. Occupational hazard. I did a moment of anxiety when I found out he was alone in the emergency room, but I couldn't really get to South Hampton, Long Island in a timely manner to help him. Plus, I've seen the blood and gaping wounds before and frankly, he's a man, right? And can handle it himself, right? Though I felt sorry he was alone. It all worked out but Apparently working with a bandaged hand is difficult in the kitchen. Now, if I can convince him that working in Las Vegas is not a good plan. I think I'll enlist St. Monica on this one.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Wish I'd read this before coffee (or, um, orange mango fruity thingy, I guess?) this morning; I'd love to hear more about the yeast free food plan. I'll have to try to remember that for next time.