Monday, December 1, 2008

Advent - Day 2

"Come, let us climb the LORD's mountain, to the house of the God of Jacob, that he may instruct us in his ways, and we may walk in his paths." Isaiah 2: 2

Sometimes, I think I am climbing the mountain, but the instruction is not coming. Or, I think I'm on the mountain with others and we are all hearing the same instruction, yet it isn't the same at all. And not in a I heard what I need to hear kind of situation, but rather, other people hear instruction for others, never for themselves and always different than what I hear as the right thing to do. We all need ears to hear God's instructions and the first thing I think we should listen for are our instructions, not others. This way we will walk the path we are meant to according to his will.

Open my ears, so that I hear your instruction and can walk in your path.

No comments: