Sunday, January 18, 2009

Food Pantry

Today has been a bit disheartening. We went to 8:00 am Mass as usual and then headed over to the hall for Knights pancake breakfast. The woman who shelves the food in the food pantry came over to me, very upset and asked me to come into the pantry and see the mess. Well, I did and it was bad. food on the floor, plastic bags strewn about, candy thrown around; a big mess. I made a call to find out who was in the parish hall Saturday night, but really got no where as far as finding out who could have done this. I recruited a few teens from the youth choir and they helped me pick up and put things back in order. I simply cannot think of any person who we have given a key to would come in and deliberately trash the food pantry. Even in church, the world is constantly intruding.

No comments: