Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Today

Today has been a very good day. I began with Bible Study. We had a guest. Deacon Joe came and taught us Lectio Divina. What an awesome group of women I am privileged to walk with on their faith journeys. We prayed with the upcoming Sunday Gospel reading from Mark 1:12-15. It was amazing how open to listening, hearing, and sharing each of us were. The depths of love and desire to do God's will was so apparent. I am truly humbled.
I had lunch with a friend and her test results came back negative, thanks be to God.
Worked hard this afternoon getting ready for tomorrow's Masses and Ashes. It is so busy on Ash Wednesday at church.
But the best was tonight, I skyped with my daughter in Australia. We only talked about fifteen minutes, she was going to Mass at noon and had to be on time. She is doing well, getting adjusted to the campus and going to classes. She can go to Mass right on Campus and Ash Wednesday, the Archbishop of Western Australia is going to celebrate the Mass. I think that is great. What an honor for all those students.
I think about her frequently during the day. I miss being able to just pick up the phone and call her. But it's great when we skype because this way I can see her.
I also spoke with my son in NY. He wants to come "visit" for Easter. It's strange to think of him visiting, to me this is his home. I guess I am still not certain he is really not coming back here to live. Time will tell.
Thank God for all the goodness, friendships, and yes, even trials in my life. Today was a day I can say, "life is good."

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I'm so bummed I missed it! I really wanted to be there for this study!!!