Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Friends

Often in our hectic, busy lives we don't have time for close friendships or those which nourish us spiritually. I am so very blessed to have 3 women in my life whom I meet with each week to help keep me focused. The other day when listening to John's gospel (John 5:1-16) about the crippled man who cannot get into the pool to be healed and says to Jesus "Sir, I have no one to put me into the pool when the water is stirred up" it struck me as what it is these women do for me.
They put me in the pool when I can't get there myself! A month or so ago I had a very difficult emotional situation, actually more than one at the same time. I had no words to describe my pain and just did not want to talk or see anyone. So, they prayed me into the pool, lifted me right up and made sure I was healed through their prayers. What a blessing to be able to have friends, spiritual sisters, that do this for you. Who walk along side you and are there, no matter what, putting you into the pool. I thank God for them every day.

No comments: