Wednesday, April 29, 2009

First Communion

This week I am in New York to celebrate my goddaughter/niece's First Communion. I had an important task to help her with before the big day. I had to make a banner! Now, I've been a mom for 22 years, I've been a catechist for over 25, and was a DRE. So I am no stranger to banners. I figured, two hours, tops. Yet, I had trouble. First, my sister's scissors were a bit lacking, then there was the issue of cutting out everything. I thought, that since it was a child's banner, she would cut out and glue and I would simply supervise and offer suggestions. Yea, right, and what planet did I come from? I cut out everything from the felt and then the plan was to glue after school. Well, then she changed her mind as to what she wanted on the banner so we had to go to Michael's to but more felt and glue that would actually hold felt together. Then we came home and cut out the new design and proceed to glue and highlight with glitter glue. It's subtle, not "bling" as the original desire was. Well, I thought I was home free after spending two days on this, but alas, the glue only worked on some items so I had to come up with plan B. Mom has a glue gun, score! So, I hot glued and it went to school today. Three days for a banner that is 10"x14". I am a good godmother. And if I were still a DRE I would not ask anyone to make a banner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your Goddaughter sounds "difficult"