Wednesday, May 27, 2009

30 Years Ago Today...

I said yes to going "out"with my husband and life has never been the same since. It is a funny story actually. He used to see me playing guitar in the folk group at church. He thought I was nice. Our children say he stalked me. At any rate, after a few dates, he asked me to go out with him. At that time that's what we called going steady. I said yes. The next morning my mother said "NO!" I cried, I begged, I pleaded. My sister convinced her it would be okay. How? She told mom, and I quote, "It won't last." Four and a half years later we walked down the aisle of the aforementioned church, my sister as the maid of honor, said "I do" and off we went into the happy sunshine and lived happily ever after. Okay, maybe not quite like that, but in the end, life is good.
After all, he was the one who remembered this is a special day, not me.

No comments: