Thursday, July 30, 2009

Liturgy of the Hours

On retreat last weekend we prayed the Liturgy of the Hours which is the universal prayer of the Church. It was interesting, especially since the books were basically handed to the men who had just been admitted into the deaconate formation program with no instruction at all, just ribbon markers on the necessary pages. So, it was a definite learning on your feet experience. Thankfully I had a tiny bit of experience so I was able to help my husband follow along. But then, we got to a feast day, and that was not good. Much more difficult to follow and you needed to hold your place in more spots than ribbons were available.
At any rate, here is a good post from Melanie at The Wine-Dark Sea on this subject if you are interested in learning more, it's been discussed among some on Facebook, so I thought I'd post this to help the conversation along.

No comments: