1. A favorite song for you to listen to : Sometimes by Step.
2. How does the devil distract us from God?
The head devil is going to send the trainees to earth to convince the people they do not need to be concerned about serving God. He asks the questions, "How will you do this?" #1 says, "I will tell them there is no God." "Won't work, in their hearts people know God exists." #2 says, "I will tell them there is no hell." "No, people know there are consequences for actions." #3 says, "I will tell them "Don't worry about it today, you have plenty of time." "Excellent, that will work."
And that is the truth, isn't it. How often do we put off what we know we should do because we have time? This week many of the scripture readings have pointed out to us that we do not know when Jesus is coming and so we must be prepared.
3. Two friends told me something extremely uplifting about their impression of me, as a person of faith. It was totally unexpected. It made me think about how often I deny that I have any positive impact on others, and put myself down. I didn't even tell me husband what they said to me, I feel if I tell anyone, it will tarnish it somehow. I just want to treasure and remember it.
4. Speaking of friends, I will be the mother of 4 next week, well 6 if you include my own. "D" has to go to Houston for a cancer check-up and our friend "T", who is an oncology nurse, is going with her. But, "T's" husband has an unexpected business trip, so I'm on for her. It was going to be 3 days, now it is just overnight. We've already planned dinner, chocolate chip pancakes. Maybe I'll make smiley faces with the chips like I did when my children were little. Not that these are little children, a senior, sophomore and freshman in high school and a 6th grader. But then, who can resist smiley faced chocolate chip pancakes?
5. If you ever have a chance to go on a Cursillo weekend, GO! I went at the end of June and it has been wonderful support as I journey in my faith.
6. I have completed paper #1 and 1/4 of paper #2. It turns out not to have been as difficult as I thought it would be, considering the topic. What is the topic? Basically, to analyze and then make a proposal about how to improve a system. The system I choose is the parish staff which I am a part of. My pastor asked if he was going to see the paper, I said probably not the paper, maybe the proposal. From my research though, I have a new name for myself, "equilibrium buster." Think about it.
7. Prayer of St. Augustine
Love and Do what You Will
Therefore once for all this short command is given to you:"Love and do what you will."If you keep silent, keep silent by love:if you speak, speak by love; if you correct, correct by love; if you pardon, pardon by love; let love be rooted in you, and from the root nothing but good can grow.
For more Quick Takes click on over to Conversion Diary.