Wednesday, September 9, 2009

40 Hours Devotion

We are again having 40 Hours in our parish this week. It is so wonderful to know that people are praying before the Blessed Sacrament in our chapel. I was there this morning and then later this evening. Each time there are many more people than those who signed up. My husband and I are going at 4 am. I can't wait.
Tonight we also had Exalt as part of the devotion. This is a time of praise and worship, teaching and then adoration especially for the teens of our parish. Sadly, not many attend. And there was literally no time of silence. During adoration time, there was music or guided meditation. How do we teach teens to be still and listen when there is no quiet?
We close tomorrow night with Mass at 7 pm. I hope it is better attended than the opening Mass.

No comments: