Friday, November 13, 2009

7 Quick Takes Friday



1. Last Friday evening was wonderful. We had a lovely dinner. I even uploaded some old songs onto my iPod for our listening pleasure, including our wedding song, Just You and I; A Whiter Shade of Pale, which was the first song we ever danced to, so long ago in the gym, and Stairway to Heaven, always the last song at dances in the gym! My dear husband is in charge of tonight's dinner.


2. Went into a shoe store, looking for "ballet" type flats, black. I asked the salesperson if the shoe came in a wide width. He said all of our shoes, and I am quoting here "are naturally wider in the front and narrower in the heel." Which I suppose is good, considering most people's feet are also shaped that way. I didn't get any shoes, none in wide width!


3. My daughter is turning 21 Monday. Yes, I was quite young when I gave birth to her, really. I simply cannot believe it. My children are adults!


4. I think I may be addicted to Bejeweled Blitz on Facebook. I never played video games as a teen, but I am drawn to this like a moth to a flame. And I pretty much stink at it. Except every now and then, I get a tremendously high score. I really don't know how it happens, but it does and so I keep playing to see if it happens again. This week, I am #1 in my group.


5. We have some cool weather, which is nice. We have been in the mid 80's for weeks. Let's see how long it lasts.


6. I am pretty sure God is knocking at my door, asking me to change some things. I am not really listening. It's as if I simply do not believe I have the inner strength to make the necessary changes. I know they are necessary, I know God will supply me with the grace I need to accomplish the changes, yet I am digging my heals in, deep. I am simply refusing to move forward. I am being the opposite of my blog title, I am being lukewarm which is reprehensible, "because you are lukewarm, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth." Rev 3:16


7. My favorite verse from this Sunday's Gospel, "Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away." Mark 13:31


More 7 Quick Takes at Conversion Diary!

No comments: