Saturday, November 28, 2009

Advent

I have been thinking about the season of Advent frequently the last week or so. I came across this website for the Advent and Christmas season and I think I will be using it often, both for work and personal needs.
But, back to my thoughts. I know that Advent is the time to prepare for Jesus' birth, our opportunity to remind ourselves of the Incarnation. The season was once more penitential than it is now, similar to Lent. In that spirit, I have decided to make some changes to better prepare myself spiritually for Christmas.
1. I will give up playing games on Facebook.
2. I will go to Mass or visit the Blessed Sacrament every day.
3. I will read an Advent devotional book.

I hope this will help me step back from the sometimes frenetic pace at work this time of year and focus more on Christ's coming.

No comments: