1. Big news in our house, I am done with school. I have completed my last paper, my husband will proof it and I'll send it off. What a relief. I've enjoyed most of my courses, but four years is a long time to work at something. Soon I will have a Masters of Pastoral Administration.
2. My head is spinning with all the thoughts of what I can do with my time now. So many options to pick up some things I've let go or start something new. Organize my pictures is tops on my list. Maybe make albums for my children, since I don't have baby books for them. Clean up the craft and fabric supplies and start to quilt. Spend more time reading whatever I want. Clean out my drawers and closets. Have some more fun in my life!
3. Getting ready for a dinner party tonight. Our stewardship council is coming over, with spouses, to discuss some important things. First on the agenda, which wine we like best!
4. It is gray again today, I hope the rain waits until I am done running my errands, so I don't get wet. But we need it some of our plants are looking a bit sad and maybe rain will bring some cool weather. I'd be happy with mid 70's at this point.
5. I haven't started my decorating yet for Christmas yet. I am considering not putting up a tree. This is not any sort of statement, except that I dislike doing it. I would like to get just a live table top and decorate with my favorite ornaments. Favorite ornaments are heart shaped ones and Nativity themed. I love when they are hearts with the Nativity on them. I also like ornaments given to us from special friends. My daughter says I can't have a tree without all the ornaments she and her brother have made through the years. I think I can. We'll see.
6. Speaking of ornaments, our children have many ornaments they have received through the years. Now, since Peter has moved out, really, his bed is gone, I think I should give him his ornaments for his own tree. Except, what are the chances of two 23 year old guys who are chefs (read - very busy this time of year) will put up a tree. So, do they go up on my tree, if I have one?
7. How is your Advent going? I am plodding along, pondering my life's purpose, reading scripture, praying the Liturgy of the Hours.
If you found my 7 quick takes fun reading, or even if you didn't go on over Conversion Diary for more!