1. My final paper came back from Loyola. I have officially completed all of my assignments satisfactorily and will soon find out when my degree will be conferred. I will say that in some way I miss classes. It gave me a focus which I seem to be sorely lacking at this time.
2. I have come to the conclusion that I miss teaching and praying with people much more than I thought. I find fundraising events much less personally satisfying to plan and execute than helping other have a deeper relationship with God or learning more about their faith.
3. I printed out my post on my goals for 2010 and see that I am not making any progress on any of them. I may make copies and set them around the house to remind myself what I really want to be doing. This way silly stuff I do like playing games and facebook on the computer can stop being my primary focus.
4. I have another major event this Saturday. A used book and media sale for the parish. Today we will sort books and so forth, then we will sell everything. 10% of the proceeds will go to a day care center in town that serves low income families. The books which are not sold will be taken to Pahokee, a town by Lake Okeechobee where we have a sister parish and distributed between the library and the parish.
5. My next major event is in 2 weeks, our annual dinner dance and auction. I have nothing to wear and now I find out I will have to help the auctioneer by being the "color" person who announces and gets people interested in the live auction items. The things I have to do sometimes really take me out of my comfort zone. I don't mind hamming it up for kids, but adults are different. And, did I mention I have nothing to wear!
6. My husband started classes at seminary. He goes one night a week and one weekend a month. He is taking Metaphysics and Philosophical Anthropology. It's interesting. His professor hands out copies of his hand-written notes.
7. Today is the anniversary of Roe vs Wade. Let us pray that people's hearts and minds are opened to the horrible scourge abortion is and overturn this so called "choice."
For more Quick Takes, surf on over to Conversion Diary!