Monday, February 1, 2010

David

Today the first reading was from the second book of Samuel, where David is having, what my pastor said, was a "bad day." 2 Sam 16:5-16 David was being mocked and having stones thrown at him, and yet refused to retaliate. So, after I almost laugh out loud out the "bad day" comment, I begin to think about David and how he really takes the high road here. Which is not always the case with him, if you know what I mean. So, what does this mean to me? What do I take away this morning for me?
Well, I should stop worrying so much about what are people are doing or saying to or about me and worry more if I am doing what I am supposed to be doing. Also, God will take care of me in his time. I may have to suffer some, but in the end all will be well.
I do think that this is another point of asceticism, not worrying so much about what is going on around you that you cannot control and also not worrying about what might happen.
Today David was a person who helped remind me that God has a plan and cares for me always. I need to trust.

No comments: