Friday, May 14, 2010

7 Quick Takes

1. I have enjoyed my time off but the end is near. Wednesday I will go back to work. Hopefully I've benefited from this reprieve and can go back ready and on track. I still have a few days to work on it though, that's good!

2. If you have never done St. Ignatius Spiritual Exercises, take a look and consider it. Ignatian Spirituality is a useful place to begin discerning.

3. Please pray for my dear friend, D. Her cancer has returned after only four months and it is attacking with a vengeance. Her family is suffering with the strain of it all. Pray for physical and emotional healing.

4. I am excited that Pentecost is coming. Here are two novenas, Novena to the Holy Spirit and Novena to the Holy Spirit for the Seven Gifts to consider praying. I will be posting the each day's prayers for the latter as that is the novena I choose to pray.

5. I changed pharmacies and instead of ugly yellow prescription bottles, they use pretty blue ones. I suppose though, it is more important that the medicine works rather than the bottle color. My doctor switched me back to armour thyroid, which works well for me. I've been off of it for about ten months because it was not available for various unknown reasons. I hope this change does the trick to keep my numbers at the correct levels.

6. Here is a favorite Mary image and prayer.

The Memorare
Remember O Most Gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help or sought they intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence I fly onto thee, O Virgin of Virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.
7. Sorry, I've run out of profound thoughts. No wait, a cooking tip...there is no reason for weak coffee or mushy pasta.
For more quick takes, click on the Quick Takes logo!

No comments: