Monday, October 18, 2010

Flailing About, Feeling a Bit Empty

I had a strong realization about myself.  And I don't know what to do about it.  It started the other day when this book announcement found its way to my inbox at the office.  The announcement told me that Tami had nine children, taught school, volunteered at her parish, ran her household and more.  I felt like such a slacker.  What have I done?  What have I accomplished in life?  Why can't I be content?  Then I read Betty Duffy's post and realized I am not alone or all that strange.  I have many blessings in my life but I am so quick to dismiss them and focus on what is not there, which is not much at all.  Truth - there is nothing missing from my life except what I choose.  And, sometimes, when I listen to the voice in my head, I know I choose to keep things out so I can complain about my life.

No comments: