Friday, December 31, 2010

7 Quick Takes Friday

1.  New Year's Eve - one of my favorite days of the year.  We'll see out the old and bring in the new with good friends who we've shared much with this past year.  We'll eat too much, maybe a few of us will drink too much, laugh, and be thankful we have each other.

2.  Our exchange student has gone home to The Netherlands.  It was a good experience and one that will help her in the future.  Our friends welcomed her and it was fun to go places we haven't been in so long, like Disneyworld.  Overall, I would say, if you have room and children of that age, an exchange student is a good idea. 

3.  My parents are coming down for the winter soon, next week I have to get the house ready for them.  Not a big deal, but it will involve getting a repair man for the bathroom sink as the hot water valve/pipe leaks when you turn on the hot water.

4.  My dear friend is starting a double blind drug trial for ovarian cancer.  She has been battling this disease for 3 years and 3 months, and each time it comes back with more vengeance than before.  Of course, we have no way of knowing if she will get the drug or not, but she will have the base chemo for 15 weeks straight, which is awful in and of itself.  Pray for her and her family.  Medically this is her last chance, but God doesn't care about medically!

5.  I found out 3 weeks ago that the pain in my knee is from a torn meniscus.  Since I have not been at work much with the holidays, my knee does not hurt anywhere near as much as it did.  Now, I have to try and figure that out; it makes no sense to me at all!

6.  I really enjoy getting Christmas cards with all my family and friends photos' on them.  What I am I supposed to do with them after Christmas?  Throwing them away seems wrong, but shoving putting them in a box is pointless since I am the mother with adult children who have no baby books!  Thoughts?

7.  My husband is in the kitchen making limoncello for the party tonight.  Yes he is! 

Interested in more  7 Quick Takes Friday?

No comments: