Friday, February 11, 2011

7 Quick Takes


A Friday post hosted by Conversion Diary!
1.  I am preparing the Lenten issue of my parish newsletter.  Sometimes it's difficult to know what to put in it that will spark people's attention.  I would like to include links to prayer sites, so I will work on that this weekend.
2.  It is seminary weekend, so I have big plans!  Well, not really, but I will be taking time to sort through the clutter and loose ends in my head and soul to make some decisions.  Prayer is the big item on my agenda.
3.  Saturday morning though I will have some fun with my mom.  We are going to a flea market that also has a Farmer's Market in it which means I hope to find some great produce for next week's dinners.
4.  I have almost 5 days off in a row from work.  I will go in Sunday morning for a bit, but otherwise I left Wednesday and am not returning until Tuesday.  Yea for me.
5.  I finished reading the Jesuit Guide to (Almost) Everything by Fr. James Martin last night.  Loved it and if you can get past the fact that it is almost 500 pages, pick up a copy and read it.  It's worth it.  Next on my reading list is a St. Ignatius Loyola biography.
6.  Last Saturday was our annual dinner dance.  As far a great party, it was; as a fundraiser, it was not a success.  I am waiting for the final bill from the venue to know for sure how much we raised. 
7.  Sunday is Confirmation, my husband is a sponsor for a good friend of ours.  We have 107 9th graders being confirmed.  Church will be crowded.  My plan was to help organize and support the youth ushers, but I was told it was "under control" by the youth minister.  So, I am going to sit as far up front as possible and ignore whatever is going on behind me.  I hope I can do it.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I'm visiting from Catholic Mothers Online. My two oldest daughters will be confirmed this spring and a month later my oldest son will receive his First Holy Communion...busy and blessed spring!