Thursday, February 3, 2011

Nightmare

I don't dream very often but when I do it is usually a nightmare.  Last night was terrible.  I was being suffocated and woke up screaming, "help me, help me" and feeling physically ill.  I woke up still feeling awful.
I went to today's reading and was struck by these words, "No, you have approached Mount Zion and the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and countless angels in festal gathering, and the assembly of the firstborn enrolled in heaven,  and God the judge of all, and the spirits of the just made perfect, and Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and the sprinkled blood that speaks more eloquently than that of Abel. " Heb 12:22-24 This is reassuring, God is with me even in my sleep terrors and Jesus has saved me.
I still kept thinking about why I had the dream, what does it mean, why would someone want to kill me?  Your subconscious is what manifests itself in dreams, so clearly there is something going on in my life.
And, there is. But it's not the place to discuss them.  I will leave you with this thought from Conversation with God:  " He may send us physical pain or other real types of suffering:  humiliations, failures, in\sults, misunderstandings from within our own families.. We must not forget that Christ's redemptive work continues through us." 

No comments: