Monday, September 19, 2011

Thinking about the changes

So, in 2 weeks I will have a new job, Director of Faith Formation.  There will be lots and lots of changes.  I've been making a list in my mind:
1. I will have a much bigger office with windows and a door
2.  I will probably lose my Spanish speaking skills as there will be no one with whom to speak Spanish
3.  the office is quiet, which is nice
4.  no one will make espresso at 3 in the afternoon anymore, bummer
5.  smaller parish, maybe close to 3,000 families less
6.  longer commute
7.  I can walk 2 blocks east to the ocean or 3 west to the intercostal from my new office
8. I am going back to my first love, people and helping to lead them to a close, meaningful, personal relationship with Jesus and our Church
9.  I will plan retreats again, very exciting
10. I will miss knowing who to call when I need some help in the parish

In some ways I am getting the best of two parishes.  I will work in one where there is much to do,  learn about and grow professionally in a new direction.  Then I will worship in one where I know the people and priests and feel very much at home. Big changes, all for the good!

1 comment:

Ebeth said...

Wow, Congratulations!!!! and I'm jealous, but you are best qualified for this job!!

I'll keep you in my prayers as you transistion