Friday, December 9, 2011

7 Quick Takes

More Quick Takes over here, go, it's fun!
1.  I love the way the church smells where I work.  When you walk in, no matter which door, you smell wax candles.  Yes, we have "real" candles.  I think it makes the church smell holy!                                           

2.  Although Pinterest does take up valuable time I spent on Facebook reading edifying books, I have made quite a few projects I found on the site.  So, I'm glad I am over there.  You can follow me if you'd like by clicking on the link at the left.

3.  This weekend is our monthly Faith & Fun.  We will decorate Gingerbread Houses and make candy gift bags for our healing Mass next week.  In preparation, the parish administrator and I spent a few hours constructing the houses so they would be ready to decorate on Sunday.  Let's just say it's a good thing we don't build houses for a living.  As always, icing covers a multitude of issues.

4.  I am behind in my plans for Australia and I had better get moving on places to sleep while we are there or we'll be sleeping in the car.  I think hotels and tickets to the opera are on my to-do list for tonight.

5.  Going dancing tomorrow night.  Can't wait.

6.  I dislike waking up and going walking in the morning.  Alot.  I set my alarm, have my clothes ready and find all sorts of reasons to not go.  I like to walk after work; however, most evenings it is dark and I don;t like walking in the dark either.  It is a bit scary.  So, I need to make a decision, suck it up and go int he morning or walk in the dark and be scared?  Decisions, decisions...

7.  My parents are not coming for Christmas since my mom has to have surgery on her torn meniscus.  My dad had his repaired a few weeks ago, they could have had it done together but alas, mom's didn't bother her until a few days ago.  And when she says excruciating pain, she means it.  I'm bummed, but glad it isn't anything too serious.  She said they will stay through to Easter now.  We'll see what happens.




No comments: