Friday, February 17, 2012

7 Quick Takes

More Quick Takes at Betty Beguiles!
1.  Today is forty-nine years my parents have been married.  It is hard to imagine, but it is true.  We are having dinner together, my dad is cooking.  It will be delicious, I'm sure.  I am bringing Chocolate Cloud Cake for dessert. 
2.  The adult classes at work are progressing very well.  The Introduction to the Bible is growing every week.  However, yesterday I gave out the last set of books for the class, so I think we are full! 
3.  Lent begins on Wednesday, Feb 22, with Ash Wednesday.  Yes, I'm sure you already knew that, but just in case you needed a reminder.  Also, FYI, it is not a Holy Day of Obligation.  I still think it is a great way to begin the season though, so go anyway.  Here's a questions, does your parish distribute ashed during Mass only, at a Distribution of Ashes service, whenever anyone comes into the office and asks for them or do you leave some in Church for people to do it themselves?  Not sure if the last one is correct, but it I have heard it happens.
4.  Our parish celebrated Confirmation last Sunday.  110 ninth graders received the sacrament.  I was a sponsor for a friend; after they were confirmed, the smell of chrism filled the air around me.  So beautiful and it reminded me of all the ways Catholism fills the senses.
5.  Yesterday my husband went and picked up a pink chair for me from a thrift shop.  We saw it last weekend when we were out looking for a table or chest for our family room.  The chair is very nice and will go in my room.  My room is where I sew, work, and now I can read in my new comfortable chair.  Did I meantion the chiar is pink?  My favorite color!
6.  I wanted to include some pictures, but our laptop is in the shop and the desktop we have is quite old so I avoid demanding much of it in case it rebels.  Besides, this week there appears to be a computer virus in the air in our house since we were using my work laptop while ours was being repaired and it is now in the shop with a virus!  Just trying to keep at least one working, however slowly!
7.  I am working on our new parish website.  The designer is doing his job and later today I will have training via phone to learn how to add our content.  It is an Our Sunday Visitor product and comes pre-loaded with Catholic content if you choose that feature.  I am very excited about it and will show you as soon as it is goes live.

1 comment:

Husband (no name) said...

Frank helped getting the pink, yes pink, chair. Thanks again, Frank.