Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Happy Birthday in Heaven

It has been almost a year since my dear friend died. Today is her birthday.  Last year at this time we were very busy practicing our flash mob dance.  I know we were all praying for a miracle.  We did not get our miracle, but we all received a very special gift.
The gift of friendship with a wonderful person, the gift of love and joy and peace as we journeyed with her from this life into the next. Diane is no longer here with us physically, but I see her and feel her.  I hold the memories close, the pain I try to let go.
I don't know what happens in heaven on this day but here we are reminded that sometimes life is way too short and very unfair.  Oh, yes, I believe you are in a much better place.  I grieve not so much that you are not here but that we are not there with you.

No comments: