I was reading this morning's reading from Morning Prayer and though it would make a nice set of takes. A focus on something other than my life. So, from Ephesians 2:19-22
1. You are strangers and aliens no longer. We are members of the Body of Christ, we are known to each other and to God by the indelible mark on our soul from Baptism.
2.No, you are fellow citizens of the saints and members of the household of God. Not only are we citizens of our country, but we are citizens of the Kingdom of God. The saints and all those in heaven are part of us as well. What a wonderful and invincible group.
3. You form a building which rises on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, It is reassuring to me that I do not stand alone, but rather I stand on all who have come before me and I stand with all of you.
4. with Christ Jesus himself as the capstone. Jesus is fixed upon us, never failing, always true, an example of absolute love, mercy and faithfulness.
5. Through him the whole structure is fitted together and takes shape as a holy temple in the Lord; It is through Jesus' ultimate sacrifice that we, the Church, work in the world. He has given us his life so we give to others. Our Church is holy, we are the Church; we are holy.
6. in him you are being built into this temple, So often we fight being built into this temple. We want to be in the temple that does not require sacrifice or suffering or putting other's before ourselves. But with him, we can be built into a holy temple if we allow Jesus in to work on our souls and in our lives.
7. to become a dwelling place for God in the Spirit. Imagine what we would look like if we truly were a dwelling place for God in the Spirit.Yes, the Spirit is in us now, but do we access the Spirit and allow it not only to dwell in us but to direct and move us? I know I often ignore the promptings of the Spirit.
My prayer is that we all grow into dwelling places worthy of God in the Spirit.
More Quick Takes, you know you want to keep reading, so go on over to Conversion Diary!