Sunday, October 7, 2012

Picture time

Since I am not spending much time on Facebook these days, you can see what I'm am doing with my time.

Over the summer we redid our offices at work, new carpeting, paint and new furniture.  This meant I could rearrange my office and start with a clean walls to decorate.  Here's what I did:
Flowers, fabric hoops, quotes and a photo  by my daughter!

Fabric covered canvas, more quotes
Fabric covered canvas and crosses
I really wish I knew how to make these pictures go where I want them to !

Tonight I made Broccoli soup for dinner:
1 head of broccoli
1 small onion
2 cloves garlic
6 cups broth or water (approx)

Cut broccoli, (I don't use the stalks) onions, garlic, place in large pot, add broth or water, almost to cover.  Bring to a boil, let cook at medium boil for about 15 minutes or until broccoli is tender, but not mushy!  Let cool, puree in a blender in small batches, reheat and serve.  I added a dollop of goat cheese, but it's good without it, says my daughter, who would not eat goat cheese if you paid her!

Then I did a craft involving wine bottles, hemp and stickers.
1.  Empty some wine bottles, how you do this is up to you. I prefer to invite a few friends over and share the goodness.
2.  Scrape off the labels, but not before noting the type of wine if you really enjoyed it. Trust me, there is nothing worse than going into a wine store and trying to describe a wine by the color or picture on the label.  It just makes you look like either you are old and forgetful or you drink to much wine.
3.  Spray paint the bottles, I choose burgundy.
4.  Wrap the necks in hemp or twine
5.  Put letter stickers and fall type stickers on the labels, thread a small piece of hemp through the hole and tie onto the bottle.

I want to change the tags for Christmas to say Merry Christmas.  I guess I need to  have some more friends over.

One other detail, I used approximately 15 yards of 20 lb hemp to wrap the bottles.  If I'd had more I would have wrapped the bottoms a bit as well.  The inspiration for this came from here.

All this talk of wine, I may go have a glass.

No comments: