2. We had 15 of us around the table yesterday for dinner. I did not take pictures, but one of our guests did. It was her first Thanksgiving and I think she had a good time with her husband of 6 days at our house. Here's the table and the bird:
We had the windows open, which was nice. After dinner we women went for a walk. The boys/men played Corn Hole and then we played Catch Phrase. All in all a fun day with our family/friends. If anyone would like some sweet potatoes, let me know. Turkey soup is on my to do list today.
3. I made place card holders out of wine corks and twine, with a little stem of a fall dodad and then my friend wrote out the name cards. We did them Wednesday night while enjoying adult beverages. Oh yes, crafting is fun.
4. Something dreadful has happened to my internal clock. It keeps waking me up between 5 and 6 every morning/ No matter what time I go to bed. I usually need 7 to 7 1/2 hours of sleep. Now, no matter what time I go to bed, I wake up way to early. Case in point, bed at 11:30 pm last night eyes open at 5 am this morning. Lay there almost an hour and then got up. I like sleep.
5. We missed our son yesterday. He lives in Atlanta and only had Thanksgiving Day off so he couldn't come down. Besides his company, I really needed him to make gravy. It was not very good according to my husband. I'm not a gravy person, but I still want it to taste good. I followed the recipe, and while I understand the basic principal, make a roux, add liquid, seasonings, whisk so there are no lumps, it doesn't work for me.
6. This Sunday is my last Sunday morning off until Easter. Our plan is to go to the local Green Market after the 8 am Mass. Next Sunday is Advent and we will begin dismissing our Rite of Christian Initiation group after the homily at Mass so we can delve more deeply into the readings and Gospel. And that is where you'll find me.
7. We are going to have an Advent wreath this year again. We haven't done this in quite a few years; probably since the kids moved out, but I think it's time to bring it out again and use the time to re-focus a bit.
If you want to read other folks ramblings, head over to Conversion Diary where Jennifer does this every week!