Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Patron Saint of Writers

In the last few months I have gone from writing whenever I feel like it on this blog to having set commitments over at New Evangelizers and Catholic Mom.  I have done pretty well in keeping up but this week I was in the weeds.  A friend found out for me that St. Frances de Sales is the patron saint of writers and then sent me this prayer as well from Catholic Fire:

May the Lord guide me and all those who write for a living. Through your prayers, St. Frances de Sales, I ask for your intercession as I attempt to bring the written word to the world. Let us pray that God takes me in the palm of His hand and inspires my creativity and inspires my success. St. Francis de Sales, you understand the dedication required in this profession. Pray for God to inspire and allow ideas to flow. In His name, let my words reflect my faith for others to read. Amen.
   
I calmed down a bit, prayed and then was able to write my posts.  I may not write for a living but it's still important.

No comments: