Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Pope Francis

A few links of news and info about our new Pope!


Quiet Thunder in Argentina

10 Facts about Pope Francis @ Canterbury Tales

From CNS Argentina's Cardinal Bergoglio elected pope, takes Francis

Who is Pope Francis? a resume of sorts from Vatican News

Profile on Pope Francis who was the runner up in 2005

The Pope's First Words

Inauguration Mass will be held on March 19 at 9:30 am, Rome time, which is 4:30 am S. FL time.  I think I'll catch the taped version.  March 19 is the feast of St. Joseph, patron of the Universal Church and Father's day in Italy.  How appropriate, no?

Some personal thoughts:  His Italian was easy to understand.  His father was born in the same region of Italy as my grandmother.  I love the fact that he is a Jesuit.  The Pope looks like a humble man. I want to find out if he took the name Francis after Assisi or Xavier. Even though he is not from Italy maybe he is enough Italian to make the Italians (in Italy) happy. I'm happy though and grateful we have a new pope.

Now tomorrow the first thing to do at work is hang the bunting before the newspaper comes to take pictures.

No comments: