Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter Re-cap

I took very few pictures this Easter.  From Holy Thursday to Easter, it seemed like one long event with many little events.  But in a good way, not a bad way.  Though I am pretty tired today and declared it pajama day for myself.

Holy Thursday was a beautiful liturgy.  I was an altar server for about 5 minutes when I handed the towels to the priest as we washed feet.  On Good Friday we went to the Passion service and my husband read teh passion with his deacon in formation classmate.  We watched The Passion at home and then went to the Living Stations of the Cross put on by our Spanish community.



It is a little different each year, but always very moving.








Holy Saturday we had an Egg Hunt at my work parish.  Then we came home and cooked for Easter breakfast and dinner.  After an early dinner we went to my work parish for the Easter Vigil.  My husband carried in the Paschal Candle, while our pastor intoned "Christ is our Light."
I followed in the procession leading in our RCIA group.  All went well, no confusion or missed cues, so we now have two more wonderful Catholics in the family.

Here is a picture of us at Easter Vigil:
Technically What I wore Saturday, but that's when we went to Mass!
Dress:  Dress Barn
Sweater: Walmart
Shoes: Naturalizers, Pewter Peep toe pumps
Pearls: gift from husband a very long time ago:)

For more fashion links, check out What I Wore Sunday








1 comment:

schola minimus said...

Your dress looks beautiful on you. I love your white cardigan, it always seems to add a nice touch. Beautiful Church!