2. Next Thursday is the last day of school, which is not relevant to me as far as children but is relevant because it means Friday is my husband's last day of work. He is looking forward to fulfilling all my pins on my Good Ideas board on Pinterest. Okay, not all, just these:
These are all quite possible.
3. Today is 6 years ago that my grandmother died. She was 92. She lived here in Florida very close to us. When our children played sports, she would often come to games and cheer them on. Their friends were surprised that she was their great-grandmother and not grandmother since so many didn't even have grandparents still living. We had an interesting relationship as the years went by. The nicest thing she ever said to me was that I was like her mother. She loved her mother very much; so did I, so it helped me to remember that when things were less than pleasant between us.
|Peter, Nonna and Elisa in 1993|
5. The other morning when driving to work the weather was almost apocalyptic: rain, sun, dark clouds, cloudy, bright and a rainbow simultaneously. I just kept my sunglasses on and praying my rosary, I figured if Jesus were coming at that point I'd get extra points. It all finally passed.
6. Have you been following our Pope? He has some wonderful things to say that are totally accessible and understandable to all people. The Vatican News site has synopsis of his daily homilies, his tweets, spiritual reflections and lots of other interesting news all kept very up to date.
7. Today is the feast of the Visitation of Mary to Elizabeth. Enjoy John Michael Talbot singing Holy is His Name which is based on the Magnificat.
More Quick Takes hosted over at Conversion Diary!