1. Last week was vacation and re-entry into the real world of work was challenging. Which is sad for me since work is sooooooooo slow since it is summer. One day we actually had six phone calls, up from a whopping two the day before. I did have a mom come by to register her children for classes and get a permission slip to be fingerprinted. She is going to be a catechist with her daughter for our fourth and fifth grade. I am very happy she is joining us.
2. I am taking a Digital Discipleship Boot Camp class over the summer. Last night our webinar focused on blogging and the example used to explain how to blog was from Blogger. At any rate, I was reminded of two things: 1. regular posting is important and 2. there are lots of Catholic blogs out there, check out this directory, Catholic Blog Directory.
3. Sometimes living in S. FL is like living in a seasonal bubble. As my husband says we basically have two temperature swings, "hot and hotter than hell." Summer falls into the latter, but I console myself with the fact that I live here because there is no cold. There may a few days, but we can go many winters without using heat in our house. Summer here means afternoon thunderstorms, mowing the lawn at least twice a week, and hurricane season.
4. If I could, I would spend my summers in the mountains which is where we spent our vacation.
5. I have a new mug, it's pink and it says "I am fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara I could save the world!" Yep, that's me.
6. Saw the movie The Heat last week. It was hysterical. I laughed so hard I cried sometimes. Very foul language, so it's not a family movie at all. Sandra Bullock is very good at playing awkward women and shedding herself because she realizes she must to get the result she wants.
7. Looking forward to the weekend. We have plans to see friends, do some work around the house, help someone move and maybe we'll get to go the beach. Our daughter is going on retreat, so say a prayer please for all the young adults attending the weekend. And our parish youth are going to Ave Maria University for a retreat as well, so everyone will be on fire by Sunday!