Friday, August 9, 2013

7 Quick Takes

7 Quick Takes hosted at Conversion Diary every Friday.

  1. I am on Day 17 of Boot Camp! It is much better now than when I started.  Now the only parts of my body that feel sore are those parts we focused on in class, instead of just feeling it everywhere.  This week we had to "walk the wall" which I couldn't do and double- unders are not going to happen for some time either. But no matter what I keep moving and do what I can.  
  2. I finally replaced my "old lady" white walking sneakers.  You can tell I'm old because in my part of the country, only old people call them sneakers on a regular basis.  Yong people call them shoes.  Anyway, I bought some new ones, my favorite colors, black with pink and some new, very cool, colorful socks. The sneakers do nothing for my performance at the gym, but they make me happy when I look at them.  It's the little things people
  3. I think I broke our salad spinner.  This is a problem since we use it five out of seven days a week.  I guess I'll have to go buy a new one.  We decided it was my newly emerging upper body strength that caused me to break it.  I think it may just be getting old.
  4. I still have not found my camera. 
  5.    Last week our daughter was a bridesmaid and I did her hair.  It stayed up!
  
6.  This weekend we are having a Rachel's Vineyard Retreat in our diocese.  Many of us go and pray in front of the Blessed Sacrament at the site throughout the whole retreat.  I'd ask you to pray where ever you are as well for the retreatants and the team.
7.  We have been watching NCIS Los Angeles for the past few weeks via Netflix.  I have learned something very important.  If you want to get shot at, use this phrase "Federal agents, stop, drop your weapon" will pretty much guarantee the suspects take aim and fire at you.  


1 comment:

Jenny said...

Your daughter's hair looks so pretty.

Good for you on the Boot Camp! I've been working out at home, but maybe I need to ramp things up a bit...I haven't broken any kitchen tools yet with my new found upper body strength!