Thursday, February 27, 2014

Throwback Thursday

On Facebook people often post old photos on Thursday.  I thought I'd give you a slice of this day from 1996.  For some odd reason, I have a 1996 calendar on my desk.  My daughter found it some time ago and when she looked at it she remarked that we seemed quite busy.  Let's see if we were on Feb. 27, 1996.
Hmmm, it seems we had two events.  A den meeting for Peter and a parish council meeting for me.  Of course they were at the same time and so I am guessing that since Elisa was only seven she went with her father and brother to the den meeting while I went to the parish council meeting.  My brother and his wife were visiting but they stayed at our grandmother's house.  Lent had started the previous Wednesday.
Overall, I'd say busy, but not too busy.  Looking at the rest of the month is seems Peter was playing basketball, Elisa was a brownie and playing softball.

Sadly, I cannot find a picture from that time!  Yes, organizing my pictures is on my list for this year. However, just so you can see how cute they were, here's the picture from the first day of school in August of 1996!



1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Deanna, Thanks for stopping by. I popped over to see what you were up to. I think it's fun to look back at my old calendars (which usually only happens at tax time or when I need to look up a forgotten birthday). I enjoy rediscovering the seemingly mundane events that compose a life's story.