2. On the upside of things, my husband can wear shoes again. He has not worn for shoes for almost three months. Here's a picture of what was holding his toe together
The skinny silver pins are about 2" long and the fixator about 3" long. They were sterilized and sealed in a bag. We are going to give them back to the doctor to donate to doctors in Guatemala. As much as we thought we'd keep them as a memento, it'll be better if someone else can use them.
3. I work in a parish that has many seasonal parishioners. They are slowly migrating back. I have to look when I cross the street to go to the church or rectory, there are longer lines at the stores, and more personalities to handle everywhere.
4. Liturgical changes question of a mundane nature for your input please. Back when the changes occurred, we purchased cards for the pew of the prayers that changed. Now, after almost three years, the cards are looking a bit ragged. Some are torn and more than a few have been thrown away. A few parishioners with lots of personality (see #3 above) want the cards replaced. We (staff) thinks that people can use the missal if they still need to read the prayers. Care to tell me what your parish is doing?
5. Lately I've been considering have different email accounts for different projects or purposes: shopping, personal, ministry, writing, blogs, but then I think I'd just ignore certain accounts when I didn't want to deal with that area. So that's not good. I get so many emails during the day that I never even open, just delete, delete, delete. Other emails that are important get lost in the junk mail. My inbox is getting like my mail box. Not sure where I'm going with this, so I'll stop now.
6. Apparently when you are responsible for religious education or faith formation or parish school of religion or whatever the heck you call it you can make up stuff. Here's the latest I've heard, "RCIT". I'll buy you a coffee if you can find it in a Catholic rite book.
7. I am a bit behind on following the Synod on the Family. Last night I spent some time on Twitter with #Synod14 and found two good sites to catch up and follow along with: from Catholic News Service, the Synod of Bishops on the Family blog and also CRUX. Enjoy!
Have a wonderful weekend with more Quick Takes! My weekend has an extra day off! Yea for me.