Friday, April 24, 2015

7 Quick Takes - Easter Joy!

 I had a lay low type of Lent.  I gave up coffee and that was it. Was I being a slacker or realistic?  I'll lean toward realistic.  But I am working on living in Easter joy!  Today is day 19 of Easter and this is the best Easter season we have had in years.  Here are 7 things that are cause for celebration.

1.  My husband is doing very, very well health wise.  It took nine months, longer than I expected at first and then I had decided it would take a year but here we are, quite content and moving forward.  Praise God!

2.  I am going to start working part time, which is very wonderful.  We'll have to give up a few things we've gotten used to until I find some other income stream, but we need to focus on other things for a few months.  I am open to God's leading me to where I need to be, ready to use my talents for him.  I'm not saying yes or no to anything right now, just trying to be open and ready to discern.

3.  I finished reading Sacred Fire by Ronald Rolheiser, OMI and highly recommend it.  Reading it is part of how I reached my decision to change my work status.  The first quote is from Theresa of Avila: "When one reaches the highest degree of human maturity, one has only one question left: How can I be helpful?"

4.  I'm doing two novenas right now, one is for the intercession of Catherine of Siena; her feast day is April 29.  The website it is on, Discerning Hearts, is one of my favorites.  They have great podcasts and the app is available for all types of devices.  Check it out. The other novena is from Pray More Novenas and it is Our Lady Undoer of Knots.  The best feature here is it comes to your inbox directly, so no wondering what day you are on!

5.  The website module for an online course I help facilitate was finished and my partner presented it last night.  We are both happy we are done.  Now on to the revisions!

6.  We made plans to go to New York for a visit.  I am hoping to see a show and get to a museum or two.  Now that John can walk all he wants (or as much as I want, hehe) nothing will hold us back.  Total aside, I realized I wrote New York, figuring, as all folks from one of the five boroughs do, that you will know I mean NYC, not anywhere else in the state of NY.

7.  Life is good, when when it isn't perfect.  Part of my living Easter Joy commitment is to realize that I need to stop waiting for things to be different before I lived my life to the fullest.  Now, we are trying to focus each day on living in the present, in the now. Jesus came so we might have LIFE, so I am going to LIVE it!

More Quick Takes over at This Ain't the Lyceum.

No comments: