1. Music I'm lovin' right now
2. If you live anywhere near the path of Hurricane Erika, you will find today's Gospel particularly worth reading and acting on. If you don't want to read it all or you are not concerned about hurricanes, I'll break it down: Be a wise and be prepared for the storm. Of course, while preparing, continue to pray it breaks up and no one is harmed.
3. I don't like it when people mock decaf coffee. I drink decaf because I like the taste of coffee. I don't need the caffeine to wake up or stay focused. On occasion I drink regular coffee and trust me, me on a steady caffeine intake would not be the best thing. For one, I talk too much and too fast on it. So just hand me the decaf and be grateful I know myself.
4. I have a new friend on my desk; my Iggy bobble head from Loyola Press. You know what's great about him, he gently nods his head yes as I type or work at my desk. Very inspirational!
5. I have a few posts up elsewhere you might enjoy:
This one, To plan or not? over at CatholicMom about planning and my summer!
At New Evangelizers I discussed my ongoing Consecration to Jesus through Mary.
6. And speaking of New Evangelizers, I am the blog editor now. It is exciting to be a part of something bigger than myself and help other people's writing get out there on the internet. I'm still learning the ropes. We've added some now authors, today Barbara Hosbach offers a reflection on Psalm 1. PS: if you'd like to write on the site, contact me at notlukewarm316 (at) bellsouth (dot) net.
7. I read this excellent post on Mental Space from Kathleen Basi this morning and I think it really points to why sometimes we feel like so much is going on while others wonder what on earth we are talking about. It resonated with me even though my examples would be totally different it makes so much sense.
Happy Friday! Prepare for the Hurricane if needed. Check out more Quick Takes after you buy water.