Thursday, June 14, 2007

Death

Two weeks ago my grandmother left this earth to go to her eternal reward. She was 91 yeas old and had cancer. She died on the feast of the Visitation, which was a comfort to me and a blessing for her.
The funeral was a few days later in NY and I am still trying to make sense of it. Not her death, but rather my family's response to it. My husband says we feel it differently and maybe more than the rest of the family since we lived near her for over 20 years, while everyone else was much further away. We also took care of her these last 3 years as she declined in health.
I have spent so much time thinking of the strange things my family said in regard to heaven and hell and religion. I really have not come to any conclusions except that I am very sad about the loss of having my grandmother in our lives.

No comments: