Saturday, June 23, 2007

Sleep

How long can one go without a good night's sleep? I am beginning to understand why sleep deprivation can be considered torture. I do not recall the last night I slept more than four hours without waking up. I realize, of course, that when my children were babies I did that, but it was twenty years ago!
I cannot actually put two thoughts together that make sense, nor can I focus on anything more than repetitive type tasks at work.
I have tried various remedies: lavender, melatonin, calcium, wine, reading boring books; I fall asleep but can't stay that way.
Maybe my life's stresses are catching up with me?

1 comment:

Julie D. said...

You poor thing! I am occasionally troubled like that but it is usually when I am all excited about a new project (or some such thing) ... I can't imagine it going on and on ...