Monday, July 2, 2007

Heard a Good Homily Lately?

I attend Mass every Sunday and frequently during the week as well. Most times the daily homily is fine, sometimes even good. Sunday homilies usually leave me crying inside. Not because I am convicted of something I should be doing differently, but because they are painful to listen to. But, this past Sunday I was in Orlando and heard a wonderful homily that will carry me for a few weeks.
The Gospel reading was about following Jesus and the priest spoke about each of the Apostles and how there was something lacking in each of them, yet Jesus called them and they followed. What they were not lacking, was willingness. He closed the homily by saying, "God is calling, are you willing?" And then he sat down and let us think about that for a minute. WOW.

No comments: