Friday, August 17, 2007

Catechists

It is that time of year when I begin to wonder why people are not inclined to share their faith with others. Yes, I need catechists. And this weekend I am going to ask for them in the worst possible way, by making a general request during announcement time. I will also ask for 120 people to pray for the program, specifically for each class, catechist, the RCIA team and those who come into RCIA. So, we'll see how all that goes. The last time I asked people to pray, there was little response, which I have a hard time understanding. These people are in church at mass so saying a prayer once a week for someone else doesn't seem like a problem for me. Of course, the longer I am in Church ministry, the more I realize not everyone thinks like me. What an understatement!

No comments: