Monday, August 6, 2007

Spiritual Exercises

I am starting a book called "For the Greater Glory of God" by Manuel Ruiz Jurado, S.J. which is a spiritual retreat with St. Ignatius. The retreat is based, of course, on the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius. A dear friend and I are going to work through the book together and seek to find a closer relationship with God and thereby be better able to know and follow His plan for our lives. As it says in the book, "only by following God's plan will I see myself freed from all forms of slavery and arrive one day to the eternal life of unending Love for which I was created."

I think of the slavery I encounter in my daily life and that quotation sums up what I want in my own spiritual life. The work though, must be done to attain it.

No comments: