Saturday, October 24, 2009

Sunday October 25 Gospel

In the gospel, Mark 10:46-52, Bartimaeus cries out "have pity on me" and then when Jesus asks him what he wants, he says, "I want to see." I think of all the times I have cried those very words. How many times have I cried those words, in way or another, imploring, pleading, begging "please, let me see what I am to do, what am I to say, where am I to go, what is the plan? "
And sometimes, I get an answer and other times I am not so sure. Or, I get an answer, but I don't like it.
Jesus tell Bartimaeus, "Your faith has saved you." Why then, do I struggle with believing that for myself? Jesus saves me from our whatever I am lacking if I believe with the faith I profess I have.
My eternal struggle, is living out in my daily life that truth that it is in me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog from the Catholic blog directory. Your scripture verse at the top is my favorite verse from scripture! Perhaps you could check out my blog and see if you might be interested in subscribing. I am launching a new project for the faith in January and the blog will be my main means for letting the world know about it. Blessings to you and your ministry.

http://sjdemoor.wordpress.com/

Anonymous said...

Hey are you a professional journalist? This article is very well written, as compared to most other blogs i saw today….
anyhow thanks for the good read!