Friday, March 5, 2010

7 Quick Takes Friday


Warning: RANDOM at best

1. This week has not been as busy as usual and it has helped me focus on what is going on with my emotional life a bit. I don't feel as despondent about my life.
2. Next week we have our annual Parish Mission. This year our speaker is Fr. Jonathan Morris of FOX News fame. He will speak about rediscovering inner peace, why God allows suffering, and offer us some practical steps to tap into God's plan for us. We also plan dinners for each night so our parishioners can come and have one less thing to do before they get here. Our DRE also provides childcare for little ones and activities for elementary school ages so parent can come and have to get a sitter.
3. In the last two weeks I have come across this priest's name many times. So, of course I looked him up, here's his website.
4. A friend and I are teaching a study on The Lamb's Supper by Scott Hahn to a group of youth from our parish. Working with youth always renews my faith and gives me hope. And I am doubly enjoying it since I get to work with my friend.
5. My daughter is coming home for her spring break next week. I hope we can find her a car while she is here.
6. I have been attending 7 am daily Mass this week and lectoring. I like 7 am because it is quiet and there are not many people. Plus I get into the office early for quiet time before others get in and the phone starts ringing. On the downside, it is early.
7. A parishioner donated money for our gift shop to purchase 250 chapel veils ( mantillas if you prefer that word). Very few women wear them here and I don't. My husband thinks they are cool and I should consider it. I don't have a sense that 'cool' is a reason to do this. Apparently it is working on my subconscious, since I had a dream about it. Sadly, in the dream, it was not working out to well since I was 'working' at Mass and the veil kept falling off or getting in my way.

More Quick Takes at Conversion Diary. Enjoy, Peace and Blessings!

2 comments:

Nichole said...

I really enjoy Father Morris when I see him on Fox. I hope he's as good or better in person. Thanks for Fr. Longenecker's website. I think former Anglican priests are so interesting.

funfetti said...

If they get the veils they should also get the little booklet that explains Why the veil...who knows maybe it will reignite something.....