Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Job

I have started reading the book of Job. Partly because I have never read it from start to finish; partly because I am depressed and feeling a bit put upon for various reasons. I don't think God has abandoned me, but I do have this sense of loss. So I thought, Job certainly lost a few things and I also think he is an example of trust in times of trouble. So, onto Job.

Behold, you have instructed many and made firm their feeble hands. Your words have upheld the stumbler, you have strengthened his faltering knees. But now that it comes to you, you are impatient. When it touches yourself you are dismayed. Is not your piety a source of confidence and your integrity of life your hope? Job 4:3-6

I read this and copied it into my journal for future prayer and pondering. This is Job's friend responding to him and I thought, look at that, that could be me he is speaking to. I have to hold on to what I know to be true about who I am and who God is, not in a proud way, but in humility. I often look at myself and think I am not enough, but I am. Impatience is not helpful now, piety and integrity of life will give me confidence and hope.

No comments: