Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Work

I am glued to my computer almost non-stop these days.  We have a new website and while we have a designer for the skin and so forth, most of the content has to be put on the site by us.  Us means the parish secretary and me.  We are in the home stretch and I am so ready to be done.  Friday I worked on the site for hours and in the end all I had to show for it were broken links and odd fonts!  Not a good day.  Today things went much better.  In general.  My latest problem challenge is putting a blog on the Faith and Devotion page.It seems so simple in theory and since I have this blog I thought, "how hard could this be?" UGH!  I choose 'blog' from the drop down menu, inserting it in the content pane I wanted, and arrived at the edit page box.  I typed a post, and now, I cannot find it anywhere!  It says '1 new entry', it even has the title of the entry, but alas, it's gone, vanished into cyberspace, making its way to another dimension eventually to rest on some star in another galaxy... sorry, it's late.  So, I will call the tech folks in the morning and find out what is going on.  The calendar was also giving me trouble, but it's on the servers end, not mine. 
I'll link to the site when it's live.  Who is the patron saint of websites or some such thing?

1 comment:

Briana Schalow said...

St. Isadore of Seville is the patron saint of internet users. I'm not sure why...I guess that will take a bit more research! Good luck!