Saturday, January 15, 2011

Head full of Thoughts

In the last few weeks, my head feels so full of thoughts about so many things that I just can't seem to really settle down.  Our exchange student went back home, then Elisa went back to school and so now it's just the two of us in the house.  But concentrating on any one thing is still difficult.  Sometimes I think it's the whole, "i have so many possibilities I can't decide" problem.  Other times I feel like I am simply procrastinating and avoiding.
I have been trying to be more conscious of how I am living my life on a daily basis and I find myself often thinking that it is so shallow. I used to have depth in my work and personal life, but with so many changes last year, it is no longer there.  For a few months, we had a visiting Jesuit priest with us in the parish.  He called many of us to go deeper and while he was here we did, now, without his nurturing, I certainly have let myself slide.
So many daily activities seem pointless.  I am not saying this in a depressed way, rather, is this stuff all that important or necessary?  I should probably resort to making lists and organizing things.  That always helps.

No comments: