|More Quick takes over here!|
1. I had the best day off yesterday. I went to Orlando and visited Jesus, Ikea, Millennium Mall;spent most of the day with a friend who is like a second dad to me. We went to Mass together, had lunch and talked and talked about everything. And, my phone did not ring, not once to interrupt anything I was doing. We spent part of the day at Our Lady Queen of the Universe Basilica. If you are ever in Orlando, maybe to visit the mouse, it's a great place to attend Mass.
2. Too many meetings this week at work, three nights in a row and then Wednesday was a major staff meeting, 3 hours long. UGH! It's no wonder I enjoyed the solitude on my drive yesterday. This week, no meetings at night, plus seminary begins with class on Wednesday and the weekend. Not hat I won't miss my husband, but I want to finish a few projects and this will give me some time.
3. Our Thursday morning group is starting a new book next week, Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl. I've read it before but it's been a few years, so I am looking forward to it. Plus, we always have great discussions.
4. Did you miss me? I took a little break for lunch.
5. I had to follow my friend for one part of my travels yesterday. If you are ever in Orlando, I can save you all the money you would spend on getting into Disney. Just follow my friend for about five miles and you will feel like you've been on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Teacups, and Aladdin's Magic Carpet ride all in one! I am NOT exaggerating. No turn signals, getting all the way over to the left on I-4 and then all the way to the right to exit, squeezing in between cars, and did I mention no turn signals. Yes, well, it bears repeating.
6. When something happens I think my daughter would fine interesting or I have a question to ask her, I still think for a fleeting second, "let me call Elisa." Then I remember that she is in Australia and I can't call her. I hope to have a skype date with her tonight. Of course, by then, I will have forgotten everything I wanted to tell her about.
7. Morning mass was celebrated today by one of my favorite priests. To summarize the readings and his homily, it's all about loving God and one another. I wonder what would happen if we all followed that mandate?